United States lightship Relief (WAL-605) is a lightvessel now serving as a museum ship in Oakland, California. She was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1989.
U.S. Coast Guard Lightship Relief was commissioned on 15 February 1951 as OVERFALLS, a lightship station off Delaware. In 1960 she was transferred to the BLUNTS (reef) station off Cape Mendocino, California. Finally, in 1969 she became RELIEF, relieving all west coast lightships. The ship was decommissioned by the Coast Guard in 1975.
About The Ship
Cras mattis consectetur purus sit amet fermentum. Morbi leo risus, porta ac consectetur ac, vestibulum at eros. Maecenas faucibus mollis interdum. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Aenean lacinia bibendum nulla sed.
The Anchor Program
In 2012, the lightship was transferred to The Anchor Program. The Anchor Program serves local communities by offering exposure to viable career choices for youth, young adults, and others, whose options may be limited. A lifestyle alternative is provided through training, certification, and preparation for a career in the growing maritime industry.